Saturday 27 October 2012

home comforts


 I finally managed to decorate my room a little so it's not the regular bare prison wall style that's so popular in student flats. Thankfully I packed abundant scarves, jewellery and shoes, making it hard to get through Ryanair security but nice because they make the place all lovely and homely. I also got the little white lantern, some scented candles and incense in Ikea.

The shoes, from the top left are: H&M wedges, Urban Outfitters platform heels, Topshop lace up heels, Penneys black flats. The bottom shelf, from the left are: my new Zara boots, River Island silver platforms, cherry red Church brogues and green Penneys slippers.


So when my friend came to visit me she brought me some lovely gifts from Ireland. My favourite magazine, Stellar, UCD's newspaper The University Observer and some tasty Barry's Tea. I didn't realise how much I'd missed it until I had it again!


Ruth was also very sweet and brought me some early birthday present goodies from Topshop as it doesn't exist in Spain. She got me all the rings which I spoke about in my previous post, and this lovely leopard print blouse. She knows I'm a sucker for anything animal print and I love the way it can be layered for Autumn or Winter! I picked up this lovely jewelled necklace in a little charity shop at home. The jumper is from Penney's men's section and is very cosy so I'm loving wearing it in the chillier weather.

So it doesn't take much to make you feel more at home. Excuse me while I have a little read of Stellar while sipping on a strong cup of Barry's!

No comments:

Post a Comment