Wednesday 22 August 2012

fairy dust





So I once again go bored of a pair of shoes. I bought these when (I thought) I was rolling in it but never really liked the colour. I liked the shape so got them anyway. I've worn them about 3 times so I decided to change them! Because I'm having a bit of a gold moment I thought that would work nicely, plus I love using this amazing gold paint. It's like using fairydust. You sprinkle some gold dust into the tin, mix it with their special 'Judson's medium', which sounds very mystical and interesting, and it turns into liquid gold! The best part is, because of its oil base you can use it on almost anything. Even 'TV and radio grills' boasts the box. So that's how old it is. Anyway, after an hour of fiddly painting, tah dah! My crappy coral shoes were transformed into shining gold wedges! Thank you Judson, whoever you are!



...after writing this, I realise it sounds like a shitty ad for Judson's gold paint. I assure you it's not, I just get way too much enjoyment from using old fashioned products like this. What, you have to mix it yourself? Oh how darling and quaint and VINTAGE!

No comments:

Post a Comment